At Forest Childcare we have three groups; The Tadpoles for children aged 0-2.5, The Koalas for children aged between 2.5-3.5 and the Platypus for children aged 3.5-5 years.
We believe that within a safe and nurturing environment the young child needs interesting and stimulating activities that provide a challenge to natural curiosity, excite creativity and instill a genuine love for learning.
The daily schedule at Forest Childcaree offers a balance between the following types of activities, which provide children with the opportunity to learn and develop and be part of a community:
- Gross Motor and active times, as well as relaxing quiet times
- Large group activities, small group activities and time to play alone or with others
- Indoor/outdoor play times in their groups individual yards or rooms
- Time for children to select their own activities
- Structured learning and activity time based on children’s interests
- Bonkers Beat Music & Wellbeing Program
- Preschool/school readiness program for children entering school the following year
- Events, excursions/incursions and extra-curricular programs
- Child Care Subsidy registered
The centre embraces Belonging, Being and Becoming – The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia curriculum document developed by Council of Australian Governments (COAG) for children birth to five years. The framework is a foundation which guides the development of all learning experiences and advocates the collaboration between the child, centre, family and community.